We’re Jump. Pleased to meet you.
We continue to build the best team of talented creatives in the industry. Together, we think and collaborate to accomplish goals that others deem unattainable. We like to move fast. We love to solve problems. We can’t wait to build brands that win the hearts and minds of their audience. We are looking for people who share this dream, are relentlessly optimistic, and own the results. You must be eager to get involved and super psyched to help us change the world through better design.
So what kind of obsessive packaging person are we really looking for?
When “I need to pick up a few things” turns into a 3-hour trip to the grocery store because you find yourself standing in the aisles looking at packaging, you might be a packaging designer. When you find yourself checking out at the liquor store with 7 bottles, but you aren’t going to a party, you might be a packaging designer. When you buy things you don’t need and will never use, simply because the packaging is “cute”…well, you get it.
We’re looking for someone who understands the complexity of packaging hierarchy and master brands, and can art direct amazing photography (you’ve worked with some of Toronto’s best photographers). You’ve got great design instincts, a knack for drawing type, simple illustrations, and icons. You bring an affinity for fonts, and a propensity for photography. You know a nutritional table and where to put it (and no, delete isn’t an option). You know a dieline when you see one (and how it configures), you understand shelf blocking, can make mockups with ease, and know how to conduct a competitive audit and study. We’re not asking for much, just an obsession with packaging, a sense of humour, and a solid work ethic.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. No placement agencies – thank you.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You’re already late.
8+ years specialized in consumer packaging design. You’ve got that good old, heads down, delivering the goods, turning heads type of experience at an agency or studio, taking packaging projects from blah to brilliant. If you were the lead, and we noticed the rebrand, then it’s you we’ve been waiting for.
9am – 5pm | M-F, but we’re creative types who know the best work doesn’t always fit so neatly in a box.
Toronto (Queen / Carlaw)
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Work quickly and effectively with tight deadlines
• Have a keen design sense and creative approach to problem solving
• Possess strong communication and organization skills
• Have the ability to see a project through from concept to execution
• Design and develop packaging programs that can accommodate line extensions and multiple rollout skus
• Possess a strong knowledge of packaging print
• Possess ability to combine writing and design in development of bold brands
• Be versatile and resourceful in application of style to fit brands
• Have extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & Acrobat Professional