We’re Jump. Pleased to meet you.
We continue to build the best team of talented creatives in the industry. Together, we think and collaborate to accomplish goals that others deem unattainable. We like to move fast. We love to solve problems. We can’t wait to build brands that win the hearts and minds of their audience. We are looking for people who share this dream, are relentlessly optimistic, and own the results. You must be eager to get involved and super psyched to help us change the world through better design.
So what kind of obsessive person are we really looking for?
When “I need to check over the numbers” turns into “I need to balance this to the penny because, well, we wouldn’t understand, you might just be our Controller. If you take extreme pleasure in reorganizing your desk, your files, and your life (and schedule these sessions in a colour-coded Calendar), you might be our Controller. When you spend sleepless nights balancing ledgers on your ceiling and endless days chasing the money… well, you get it.
We’re looking for someone who understands their role is instrumental in all corporate business reporting, filings, and fiscal accountability, with a healthy respect for good time management skills and the ability to evaluate the urgency of requests.The ideal candidate for this role is an Accounting professional with excellent attention to detail who thrives while working in a fast-paced environment, enjoys leading people and is able to keep a level head during times of stress (designers are generally not ‘numbers’ people,and you get that). You like to work quickly but with a high level of attention to detail. You make really well-organized people look disorganized and you are a strong communicator (you literally dot i’s and cross t’s). You handle your tasks with composure and diligence, knowing that others count on your timely processing to keep all accounts payable functions flowing. You’re pretty damn good with numbers and know your way around Quickbooks and Excel and know that delete isn’t an option. As this is a supervisory role, you will also be responsible for training, coaching and supervising any support staff that assist with the AP & AR functions, oversee and manage consolidated financials and assist the various areas of our firm to ensure workplace operations are in compliance with all regulatory requirements. We’re not asking for much, just an obsession with execution, a sense of humour, and a solid work ethic.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: ac.hgihwoh@sreerac.
No phone calls please. No placement agencies – thank you.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process.
• 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance in related field.
• A University degree in Finance/Accounting
• CPA designation completed
• Strong analytical, interpersonal skills; strong ability communicate ideas and data; show initiative and achieve results in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple files, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of full cycle accounting, financial statements, budgeting/forecasting, fiscal year-end functions
• Proficiency in QuickBooks.
• Proficiency in the MS Office suite with advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of Function Point and BambooHR is an asset.
• Strong English language skills (spoken and written).
9am – 5pm | M-F, but we’re creative types who know the best work doesn’t always fit so neatly in a box.
Toronto (Queen / Leslie)
• Assist with budgeting and forecast preparation and variance analysis.
• Ongoing analysis and monitoring of financial performance of the company and entities.
• Oversee AR and AP management for cash flow efficiency.
• Oversee and manage all accounting functions for the company and its operations.
• Day to day supervision of accounting staff completing AR, AP and bank reconciliation and GL postings.
• Keeping the company in good standing with our vendors is essential to further the company's goal of making work comfortable for all.
• Responsible for all aspects of the General Ledger, review all monthly journal entries and ensure all necessary documentation supports journal entries and general ledger balances.
• Ensure timely closing on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Liaise with our corporate accountant for preparation of Fiscal Year-end statements.
• Manage government remittance obligations.
• Ensures timely, accurate, and informative consolidated financial reporting for all internal and external purposes, including bi-weekly cash-flow projections.
• Analyze and interpret financial and operating metrics.
• Assist with annual budgets and forecasting.
• Comply with all government reporting requirements and filings.
Business Compliance and Development
• Streamline accounting and financial operations.
• Establishes, monitors, and enforces policies, procedures, and internal controls.
• Participate or lead projects to improve business processes as required.
• Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans.
• Provide leadership, guidance and training to our accounting team to ensure a high level of performance.
• Report relevant issues, incidents and achievements to the principals and/or CEO to ensure awareness of progress to Plan, and identify areas/issues requiring resolution.
• Participate in team activities, including actively participating in the Performance Development and Review program to ensure individual and team key performance indicators are achieved.
• Review and identify areas of improvement for HR operations to ensure proper controls are established around payroll, benefits, terminations and all related HR processes.